Our client is a Quebec SME that has been operating for nearly 50 years and has seen strong growth in the recent years. Led by a small group of committed shareholders with approximately 300 employees, the company has expanded its services over the years and now has 5 divisions serving customers throughout the province of Quebec and recently on the Ontario territory.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Manager of this division will ensure the smooth running of snow removal operations, road maintenance and signage and emergency measures. Specifically, he will oversee a team of project/contract managers and superintendents supervising nearly 150 drivers.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Increasing business through strategic bidding (public tenders);
- Ensuring quality in the management of each project/contract;
- Facilitating and optimizing operations by planning the equipment, materials or subcontracting needs;
- Prepare budget estimates by sector;
- Maintain good relations with customers, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Manage staff, in particular by promoting a motivating work environment, advocating the importance of OH&S, planning work schedules, etc.
The candidate is bilingual, ideally a university graduate and has ten years of experience of which at least 5 years in a position of management in the snow removal, paving, road maintenance or other related industries. Recognized for his leadership, his ability to perform under pressure while being able to communicate and implement strategies are undeniable qualities. We are looking for an individual who will be ready to take on the challenges of managing within an entrepreneurial environment where we are called upon being strategic, tactical and hands-on all at once.
According to experience
To be discussed
Nature of the company
Snow removal and road maintenance